MICE in Brussels
- 1.800 taxis & S.L.C.
- 24.000 workers at Brussels Airport
- 306 hotels
- 3.715 restaurants & snacks
- 1.766 cafés and bars
- 205 meeting & event locations
- 80 museums
But why ?
- MICE and Business tourism European leader
With more than 4 million business overnight stays and 961 meetings and congresses in 2019, Brussels has proudly earned, for the 6th consecutive year, its place as Europe's No. 1 and the world's No. 2 MICE destination.
- Strategic location
Brussels is the world leading city with 2,250 headquarters of international professional associations. As a decision-making center, this hub reinforces its attractiveness through the many professional connections it provides. Also, Brussels has entered the 10 most influential cities in the world in 2018 ((A.T. Kearney 2018 Global Cities Index).
- High hotel capacity, with or without conference rooms
The Brussels hotel sector plays a decisive role in the choice of destination due to its more than 200 hotels, 20,000 rooms of all categories and a wide range of meeting rooms. With 8.5 million overnight stays in 2018, Brussels is meeting its objectives!
- Easy and fast access
Thanks to high-speed trains, Brussels is less than two hours from Paris, London, Amsterdam and Cologne, and three hours from Frankfurt. Furthermore, it has plenty of direct flight and train with 3 International airports, especially with its national carriers; Brussels Airlines, Star Alliance, Thalys and Eurostar.
- The icing on the cake
Brussels offers its cosmopolitanism, its quality of life and its many envied green spaces since it is a hub of power and business, a strategic central location, a favorite seat of international associations and a center of excellence. Brussels can boast a ranking in the world's top 10 pioneering cities for its responsible and sustainable policies and practices in the business tourism and events industry (Global Destination Sustainability Index, GDS, 2018).
• Capital of Europe
• Globally Recognized: Headquarters to the European Union (EU), NATO and home to more than 1700 associations.
• Multicultural understanding
• One of Europe’s greenest capitals
• City of research and science
• Power city
• Budget Friendly
• Experience: A network of professionals accustomed to organizing national and international conferences and events.
• Interesting Culture: Medieval cities, incredible collections of ART, numerous museums, diversity of architecture, festivals galore and Art Nouveau make Brussels the perfect choice to organise an event.
• Unusual Venues: A special venue in a medieval castle, in the world's only comic strip or the Art Nouveau building.